Tuesday, February 20, 2007

All over the place

This is a week of friends...right now I am listening to the children have a snack and talk with their friend who is over.....it is quite humerous to listen to them ...they are talking about birds. Children can bring us so much joy!! I am so blessed to be a mom! It can be stressful at times, yet I believe those times don't outweigh the amazing times!! It is the same with marriage too! So I ve come to realise once again....life is about choice! Every thing we do or say or think is a choice whether conciously or subconsciously choose! I believe that we have the power to control our choices.....it is taking control of our thoughts, feelings, and words.
It is so easy for us to say negative words......on Saturday night at the Date nite I had the couples read 1 Cor 13, but where love was to put their own name.

Love never gives up. Vangie never gives up
Love cares more for others than for self. Vangie cares more for others than for self
Love doesn't want what it doesn't have. Vangie doesn't want what it doesn't have
Love doesn't strut, Vangie doesn't strut
Doesn't have a swelled head, Vangie doesn't have a swelled head
Doesn't force itself on others, Vangie doesn't force herself on others
Isn't always "me first," Vangie isn't always me first
Doesn't fly off the handle, Vangie doesn't fly off the handle
Doesn't keep score of the sins of others, Vangie doesn't keep score of the sins of others
Doesn't revel when others grovel, Vangie doesn't revel when others grovel
Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth, Vangie takes pleasure in the flowering of truth
Puts up with anything, Vangie puts up with anything
Trusts God always, Vangie trusts God always
Always looks for the best, Vangie always looks for the best
Never looks back, Vangie never looks back, but keeps going to the end
But keeps going to the end.

So these are stong words...always looking for the best.....how many of us do that .....it says ALWAYS not sometimes!! The one I heard the most on Sat was ......"I always fly off the handle" .....I was kinda blown away. not that these people fly off the handle...we all do that....trust me I am a pro.......but I was blown away by the confession made.......our words are powerful......if we say we fly off the handle all the time.....then you know what we will.....negative confession! But if we were to say "I will not fly off the handle today....I will be calm, peaceful, and relaxed" or even better say....I AM PEACEFUL! I AM CALM! I AM RELAXED!
So I am totally talking to myself here..... I need to be aware of my words....are they building myself and others up or are they tearing myself and others down. Are the postive or negative?
I challenge you today and myself too..to watch what we say......lets CHOOSE to build up....be positive..and turn our habits of speaking what we think is truth (I can'ts, I am's that are negative) and start speaking what God says, lets honor ourselves and walk in confidence of who we are in HIM! Ask the Holy Spirit to make you aware of the words you say....when you become aware then you can choose to change your words to be words of life..not death!
You don't have to fly off the handle!
You don't have to be stressed Remember God doesn't let you go through anything you can't handle...but you gotta turn to Him, ask for help!... worship him! SIng, praise, talk to Him! TRUST HIM!!

Choose your words today carefully ...lets build ourselves up, lets take control!!

1 comment:

graceforyouth said...

Trevor does not fly off the handle. It is an amazing thing that when we proclaim simple truths that an attack comes right after to see if we really meant it or not. I am standing with you on this one as we proclaim it together!!!

flowers for my kitchen

flowers for my kitchen
garden of life

Total Worship

Total Worship
I loveTrev's Passion

Blessing

Blessing
Solid Rock...Dad

Blessings

Blessings
Annointing...Trevor

Blessings

Blessings
Santuary...Steve

Blessings

Blessings
Garden of beauty...mom

Blessings

Blessings
Exquiste painting...MJ

Marijanels'dance

Marijanels'dance
Mary's worship

Our Aglow Team

Our Aglow Team
Unity was abundant

Mom and Me

Mom and Me
Singing togther for the 1 x so Fun!!

My Boys

My Boys
Love you guys

Shenelle and Me

Shenelle and Me
My Sunshine

Some of My Grace Girls

Some of My Grace Girls
Maycee, Joss, Courtney,& Me

Justice and Me

Justice and Me
My Amazing Boy

Daphne and Me

Daphne and Me
Daphne my Beauty

Me and my Mom

Me and my Mom
love you Mom

Freedom

Freedom
God wants to set you free

Freedom # 2

Freedom  # 2
you can have freedom two

Let it Go

Let it Go
Trust Him

Living Waters

Living Waters
Refreshing

Beauty & The Beholder

Beauty  & The Beholder
Jesus thinks you are beautiful

Beauty & Beloved

Beauty & Beloved
My first paintings

Beauty

Beauty
I Think your Beautiful

One Day

One Day
Trust

perspective

perspective
Soar

Inner Peace

Inner Peace
Relax