Wednesday, December 6, 2006

Freedom

John 8:36

Those who the God sets free are free in deed!

How many of you deal with fear, worry, guilt, etc?

What is fear?

*.

a distressing emotion aroused by impending danger, evil, pain, etc., whether the threat is real or imagined; the feeling or condition of being afraid.

*

a specific instance of or propensity for such a feeling: an abnormal fear of heights.

*

concern or anxiety; solicitude: a fear for someone's safety.

*

that which causes a feeling of being afraid; that of which a person is afraid: Cancer is a common fear.

What is guilt?

*.a feeling of responsibility or remorse for some offense, crime, wrong, etc., whether real or imagined.

What is worry?

*.to torment oneself with or suffer from disturbing thoughts; fret.

Do you believe that God has set you free form the fears, worries, guilt….?

Do you know what Believe means?

*.

to have confidence in the truth, the existence, or the reliability of something, although without absolute proof that one is right in doing so: Only if one believes in something can one act purposefully.

–verb (used with object)

*.

to have confidence or faith in the truth of (a positive assertion, story, etc.); give credence to.

*.

to have confidence in the assertions of (a person).

To accept as true or real:

We all know that Jesus died on the cross for our sins. His death has saved us?

Do we all agree??

When Jesus was on the cross…what did he say just before He died?

It is finished… The message Bible in John 19:30 says:

After he took the wine, Jesus said, "It's done . . . complete." Bowing his head, he offered up his spirit.

Complete means:

*

to make whole or entire:

*.

to make perfect:.

*.

to bring to an end; finish:

*. having all parts or elements; lacking nothing; whole; entire; full

*

finished; ended; concluded:

Finished means:

*. ended or completed.

*.

completed or perfected in all details,

When Just before Christ died on the cross He said it is finished or complete.

Freedom came at the cross!

Our Freedom is the result of it being completed or Finished

So when we ask for freedom, do you think that freedom was already been given to us at the cross?

What does that mean?

I believe it means that when Christ died for us, He took ALL the crap, all the sin, all the hurts and all our burdens (crap) and crucified them on the cross with himself.

It’s been taken care of…

We are free because Jesus through His death set us free…completely free

Now all we have to do is believe it.

Do you truly believe it?

We have to take the mind of Christ and start taking control of our thoughts, our emotions, our lives…we need to walk in knowledge and wisdom…being aware of our thoughts.

1 Corinthians 2:16 (Amplified Bible)

Amplified Bible (AMP)

16 For who has known or understood the mind (the counsels and purposes) of the Lord so as to guide and instruct Him and give Him knowledge? But we have the mind of Christ (the Messiah) and do hold the thoughts (feelings and purposes) of His heart.

Colossians 3:15-16Amplified Bible (AMP)

15 And let the peace (soul harmony which comes) from Christ rule (act as umpire continually) in your hearts [deciding and settling with finality all questions that arise in your minds, in that peaceful state] to which as [members of Christ's] one body you were also called [to live]. And be thankful (appreciative), [giving praise to God always].

.

A couple of years ago I was bombarded with fear. I felt like I was attacked, beaten, and scared. In fact I was so scared I never even felt I could leave my house.

Everyday for month I was scared that if I went out I wouldn’t be able to relax until I came home…or if Trevor went to work I wouldn’t completely relax until he was home.

I was so scared that we wouldn’t come home. My mind would race all the time about bad , horrible things that could happen. I was a wreck!

I had people pray for me, counseling, nothing seem to work.

All through this I thought and asked God… where are you, what is wrong with me? What’s going on?

Day after day, week after week …I felt tormented.

At the same time I was having pains in my chest and thought I was having a heart attack, so then I thought I was going to die…I was a mess. (The pains were just that I pulled a muscle in my chest, which doesn’t heal properly, because you are always using the muscles)

One day my dad was praying for me and said I should place the fear into his hands and give it all to him. So I did and I took my hand picked up the fear and put it in my dad’s hands. Then he said out loud that because the fear wasn’t his fear , it could not attach it’s self to him and he threw It away. Then he toild me to be free.

This was the start to my freedom…it didn’t change things instantly, however things did get better.

I began to realize that I had to choose to walk in freedom every day.

I realized that I had to take control of my thoughts and submit them to God… I also realized that I have the mind of Christ and these thoughts, feelings, and emotions were not from Him.

If I realized I had to control my thoughts--- if I had a bad thought and wasn’t aware of it, I would start to dwell on it, until it had become a huge issue and then once again I would be a wreck!

Slowly I learned to be aware of my thoughts and feelings and I learnt to take captive every thought that wasn’t good.

As soon as I had the thoughts I would …

1. Say out loud “ Fear GO AWAY In JESUS NAME”

2. Tell some one that I was dealing with fear… and instantly it went away.

One time I told Trevor I was dealing with fear again and he laughed at me…he didn’t understand what I was going through. So after that I had a hard time telling him…I felt so hurt , but I knew I had to tell someone I trusted and I realized that since he didn’t understand I needed to explain how hurt I was and how I needed him to listen and pray for me and with me. He immediately apologized and has become a great support for me.

The point is speaking out, because it so easy for the enemy and our “self” to dwell on things in our heads until we are so overwhelmed with our thoughts that we can’t even function properly.

Words are powerful, and when we speak out it breaks the ties that our thoughts have been processing in our heads.

3. I would take the thought and say out loud that “ I am a child of the King, I trust God, I would say the opposite to the bad thoughts …for example : if I felt scared that Trev wasn’t going to come home from work I would say “God Trevor is your son and I am so blessed to have him as my husband, and I trust you to take care of you son, Thank you for holding him in your hands”

4. Then I will worship God, I will play the piano or sing, put on some worship music and thank God for all that he has blessed me with.

The Message (MSG) Philippians 4:6-9

6-7 Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life.

8-9 Summing it all up, friends, I'd say you'll do best by filling your minds and meditating on things true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious—the best, not the worst; the beautiful, not the ugly; things to praise, not things to curse. Put into practice what you learned from me, what you heard and saw and realized. Do that, and God, who makes everything work together, will work you into his most excellent harmonies

I still struggle with my thoughts; it has been a process, a learning curve.

Now when I have a thought, I dismiss it almost immediately and I always tell someone, even if it’s a minor silly thought.

God is so good and He desires us walk in the freedom He has already given us. He want us to be free to be exactly who He has created us to be. Free to walk in the knowledge and understanding of who we are in Him!

The way is simple… believe that He has already set us free, let it go, and take on the mind of Christ.

Learn to walk out Philippians 4:6-9

Do not worry Think about good things, talk to God, and think about who you are in Christ… what does that truly mean to you?

Ask God to reveal to you the perfect love that cast out all fear!

1 John 4:18

  • Amplified Bible (AMP)
    There is no fear in love [dread does not exist], but full-grown (complete, perfect) love turns fear out of doors and expels every trace of terror! For fear brings with it the thought of punishment, and [so] he who is afraid has not reached the full maturity of love [is not yet grown into love's complete perfection].

Perfect love drives out all fear… God’s Has Already set us free…to day I pray that God will reveal to you His perfect love and His freedom that He is freely offering you.

Soak in it , rest in it, and

Know that our Heavenly Father gives grace, rest, peace, and love to us, unconditionally.

We don’t have to do anything, just believe!

*.

to have confidence or faith in the truth

No comments:

flowers for my kitchen

flowers for my kitchen
garden of life

Total Worship

Total Worship
I loveTrev's Passion

Blessing

Blessing
Solid Rock...Dad

Blessings

Blessings
Annointing...Trevor

Blessings

Blessings
Santuary...Steve

Blessings

Blessings
Garden of beauty...mom

Blessings

Blessings
Exquiste painting...MJ

Marijanels'dance

Marijanels'dance
Mary's worship

Our Aglow Team

Our Aglow Team
Unity was abundant

Mom and Me

Mom and Me
Singing togther for the 1 x so Fun!!

My Boys

My Boys
Love you guys

Shenelle and Me

Shenelle and Me
My Sunshine

Some of My Grace Girls

Some of My Grace Girls
Maycee, Joss, Courtney,& Me

Justice and Me

Justice and Me
My Amazing Boy

Daphne and Me

Daphne and Me
Daphne my Beauty

Me and my Mom

Me and my Mom
love you Mom

Freedom

Freedom
God wants to set you free

Freedom # 2

Freedom  # 2
you can have freedom two

Let it Go

Let it Go
Trust Him

Living Waters

Living Waters
Refreshing

Beauty & The Beholder

Beauty  & The Beholder
Jesus thinks you are beautiful

Beauty & Beloved

Beauty & Beloved
My first paintings

Beauty

Beauty
I Think your Beautiful

One Day

One Day
Trust

perspective

perspective
Soar

Inner Peace

Inner Peace
Relax