Thursday, July 31, 2008

life...













Its funny how life goes on and we get so busy, we get sidetracked, we come we go....and we forget to blog ..... I think its facebook...I spend so much time on Facebook reading what everyone else it doing, but I miss blogging.....

We have been so busy, alot of change and lots of fun!!

Last time I blog I was just starting work at a clothing store here in Westbank! I worked 4 shifts.... The 2nd day I started I got a call to make a 60 birthday cake,I had my website up for a few weeks...so the next evening I went to Micheals to buy the supplies need to make this cake. As we drove home I sort of said to myself, maybe I am not to work but do cakes and if there is another request for a cake when I get home maybe that will be a sign..... I wasnt really serious because I didnt think that there would be a request....I was wrong there was a request for a wedding cake... I already had 2 booked for the summer. I put it behind me....I did book another wedding cake though. Anyhow as I was working the next a two shifts it was occuring to me that it was going to cost me about $800.00 for child care during the summer ...I would only be making maybe $800.00 a month..it didnt add up....
So after talking with Trev we decided that I wouldnt work and just focus on cakes and parties.... the week I stop working I booked a party and 2 more cakes.....

The job was good though and I believe that it was God's way of setting me free from the obligations I had so that I could focus on the kids, the house, and the cakes N Parties.

Well now we are almost in to August....I had 2 parties in May, 1 wedding cake and 1 party in June, 6 cakes in July and 9 cakes in August....crazy..but so fun!!

I love making cakes....let me rephrase that ..I love decorating cakes!! Baking cakes is just something I have to do!! I love doing something ...and I feel like I come alive when I do it!

I am so thankful for God... for my businees, for the sucess of this business, and everytime I do a cake I am dependent on Him to match the colors of the cake with the wedding or party.....everytime is has matched perfectly!

I am also thankful to Trevor who is my number 1 fan and supporter.....he is amazing...I am so blessed by him...

I am so thankful for my children, who love to help...who put up with me , and love to do dishes!! They are so encouraging ....

I am so thankful for my parents, who make us dinner on the days that I am so busy with decorating and baking! They also take care of the children...take them to the beach etc....

I am so thankful for my new friends who have jumped on the band wagon to help with thoughts, ideas, or hands on help!

I am so blessed! Thanks Jesus!

I am thankful for my house....its not a perfect house...but it home!

Father thanks for all that you have given us....for providing our needs, for giving us a home, keeping us safe, just for everything.......I thank you!

Well thats my story in a nut shell to update you all......

be blessed!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry if I commented your blog, but you have a nice idea.

Anonymous said...

The nice thing with this blog is, its very awsome when it comes to there topic.

Anonymous said...

Well done for this wonderful blog.

flowers for my kitchen

flowers for my kitchen
garden of life

Total Worship

Total Worship
I loveTrev's Passion

Blessing

Blessing
Solid Rock...Dad

Blessings

Blessings
Annointing...Trevor

Blessings

Blessings
Santuary...Steve

Blessings

Blessings
Garden of beauty...mom

Blessings

Blessings
Exquiste painting...MJ

Marijanels'dance

Marijanels'dance
Mary's worship

Our Aglow Team

Our Aglow Team
Unity was abundant

Mom and Me

Mom and Me
Singing togther for the 1 x so Fun!!

My Boys

My Boys
Love you guys

Shenelle and Me

Shenelle and Me
My Sunshine

Some of My Grace Girls

Some of My Grace Girls
Maycee, Joss, Courtney,& Me

Justice and Me

Justice and Me
My Amazing Boy

Daphne and Me

Daphne and Me
Daphne my Beauty

Me and my Mom

Me and my Mom
love you Mom

Freedom

Freedom
God wants to set you free

Freedom # 2

Freedom  # 2
you can have freedom two

Let it Go

Let it Go
Trust Him

Living Waters

Living Waters
Refreshing

Beauty & The Beholder

Beauty  & The Beholder
Jesus thinks you are beautiful

Beauty & Beloved

Beauty & Beloved
My first paintings

Beauty

Beauty
I Think your Beautiful

One Day

One Day
Trust

perspective

perspective
Soar

Inner Peace

Inner Peace
Relax